The loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company. Business succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises. Whether it is preparing someone to take over as the sole proprietor of a small business or a position of leadership in a corporation, business succession planning is essential to the long-term survival of a company. This course will teach you the difference between succession planning and mere replacement planning and how to prepare people to take on the responsibilities of leadership so that the company thrives in the transition.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define business succession planning and its role in your company.
- Lay the groundwork to develop a succession plan.
- State the importance of mentorship.
- Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
- Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
- Communicate to develop support and manage change.
- Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
- Characterize success.
It has never been more important to develop and retain talent at every level of the company. And that starts with a redefined perspective for assessing, grooming, and placing the right talent throughout the company.
Talented, Trusted Workplace Training Solutions
Hi Q Training offers Succession Planning Courses amongst a variety of Other Training Courses. Contact us if you’d like to discuss how we can tailor training for your workplace. We raise productivity and relationship quotients, one team at a time.