Want to know how to get started in your job search?
Get To Know Yourself Well
What is Self-Awareness?
It is answering the questions of Who am I? What am I good at? What are my strengths and weaknesses, what do I enjoy doing, what are my values, and passions?
When taking a look at this definition, we realize more why we referred to it as a journey. But how can we gain insights about answers to the above questions? There are several tools that we can use to enhance our awareness about ourselves.
First: Seek answers, and reflect on the below questions:
• What do you get complimented on the most?
• What do you enjoy doing?
• What are three of your greatest strengths?
• What do you like about yourself?
• What do you yearn to do?
• What has changed due to you being part of it?
• What is your first achievement?
• What are some unusual skills you have?
• What are some of the biggest challenges in your life? How do you overcome them?
• What are you most proud of in your life?
As you notice, the above questions are mainly strength-oriented, they help you dig in and find what you are good at. This approach is important and known as the Strength-based approach, which is our third tool.
If you want a guide to coach you through the whole process of find your career, give me a call. Covid 19 rates still apply.